Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Tysabri Diary...Woo hoo hoo ..... Whoa! PPP...

P
atience
Persistance
Prescribing Instuctions on the Tysabri Patient Medication Guide which is Online and given to each patient when filling out the Tysabri Enrollment Forms!

Oops, sorry Kaiser - you lose, Again, : http://www.biogenidec.com/site/TYSABRI-PI-MedGuide.pdf (page 16)

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION


Only prescribers registered in the TOUCH™ Prescribing Program may prescribe TYSABRI® (see BOXED WARNING).
The recommended dose of TYSABRI® is 300 mg IV infusion every four weeks.

I left a message for my neuro Thurs. that I was looking directly at the dosing instructions on the PI-G and they are clear - every four weeks and the infusion center refuses to schedule my appts. every 28 days per the dosing instructions because their dr orders state every 30 days per Kaiser Corporate refusing to budge.

Well, guess what? The Kaiser Infusion Center called me at 4:15 today, Sat., changing my 5/18 appt to 5/16 inicating they rec'd new faxed dr's orders from my neuro for Tysabri infusions every 28 days...Knowing my neuro, she probably went directly to her boss (The Chief of Neurology) and got him involved with Corporate pdq!

So far:
Lauren - 6
SC Kaiser - 0

Take care all,

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren <---smiling
A very
proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

2 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lauren,
    You keep them honest, girl! i am VERY proud of you!!!

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    ((((((Wayne))))))), thanks so much, I'm trying!

    Lauren :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home