Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007



My Tysabri Diary...

Happy Anniversary to the Comeback Kid - Tysabri! ...

Explanation of above photo: Tysabri is the kitty - the ferocious dogs are Tysabri's critics ;)

I have to laugh when I revisit those old media and financial analysist reports that said Tysabri won't ever come back, and needless to say, its back - and with a vengence now too - overtaking the ABCR's by leaps and bounds - in spite of being held back during it's "re-debut".

I've been posting all over some of the MS message boards today, rebutting J.Fauber's article, ending with the following in my posts:

"By the way, today is the 1 year anniversary of the FDA AC decision that unanimously voted to recommend Tysabri's return to suffering MS patients. Wooohooo!"


http://www.msrefugees.proboards82.com/index.cgi?board=tysabri&action=display&thread=1173204439


Is it hard to keep a good drug down? Ha!

Thank you to MSP4C, my friends and too many others to mention, for allowing me the opportunity to share my voice in our victory.

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

2 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    may there be many years to come! at least until there's a cure or a better drug. of course we all want a cure.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger trrish said…

    Hi Lauren,

    (The headline of this comment should be "World's Longest Blog Comment"?)

    You stopped by my blog today. Wow, thanks for your comments. You are a major reason why I even blog. I figure we can all be out there helping each other in different ways.

    The supplement I use for my bladder infections is called D-Mannose. It's an concentrated extraction from cranberries and, when I am diligent about taking it, it works like a charm. It's really amazing. And no, I don't work for anyone who makes it or make money off of it!!

    You've really got me thinking about Tysabri. Back in 2005, it took me a huge amount of courage to make the appointment to go in and talk to the MS clinic about trying it. I could NOT believe it when they took it off the shelves the day before. I guess I took it as a sign. I know, it really had nothing to do with me. It just shows how unsure I am.

    The other thing that intimidated me was the cost. Even with insurance, Rebif used to cost me a bit.

    You do a great job keeping up your faith, hope and love. It's pretty inspiring. See, I used to be like that! Back in about 2002, I had a horrible MS exacerbation that knocked me down for weeks and weeks. I decided to get motivated and figure out what I needed to do before it was too late. I settled on yoga, nutrition, supplements, meditation. It worked pretty well for a while. Then I did some things that I wasn't happy about, and I don't know if I've ever forgiven myself.

    The past two years, I've been really off the wagon, if you will. I'm not doing much of the above.

    Come to think of it, I sound depressed, don't I. I'm on an antidepressant though I take it half-heartedly.

    So, your infusions are about once a month? Do they wipe you out for a few days? I struggled after Novantrone for a few days, and then immediately developed a UTI, which really defeated me.

    Thanks for your blog, and for commenting on mine. I will be thinking about possibly going back into the clinic. It takes a lot for me to do it.

    Trish

     

Post a Comment

<< Home