Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Thursday, September 06, 2007



My Tysabri Diary...
I had my 12th Tysabri infusion yesterday, September 5th. I was pretty tired the day of my infusion, so when I got home I took a very long nap.

The temperatures yesterday reached 104° and we hit rush hour traffic going to and from the infusion center, so I was pretty wiped out when we got home.


This being the next day however, I can feel my strength returning again and oh my goodness, it's such a wonderful feeling (better than any steroid treatment I ever had!). Woooohoooo!

Has it really been a year already? Time really flies when one has hope! My balance issues, my slurred speech issues, and my optic neuritis issues are slowly but surely improving with each infusion that I receive.

I am going to enjoy the next three weeks to the best of my ability, and continue to fight my MS with the most effective therapy that we have to date.

Tysabri continues to instill hope in me, and hope for others as well, as we battle this disease on the front lines with Tysabri!

Oh and by the way, I have received a lot of inquiries and e-mails regarding the Tysabri Brochure that I have been posting wherever I can so that other MS patients can see it as well, double Woooooohoooooo!


(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren :)
A very
proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

2 Comments:

  • At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lauren,

    happy to hear that you are feeling good :-)
    I had positive answers in august regarding the MRI..no signs of infection there - "only" in the blood.
    So I am going to the hospital on monday for my 2. infusion after the results - I hope it still will be good :-)
    Do you know anything about if the Tysabri-information will be comming to Denmark?

    Kind Regards ;-)

    Ann in Denmark

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Ann,

    If I am not mistaken, I believe that Norway is soon going to release its budget on Friday, October 12th I think... also positive data was recently released by CHMP in EU regarding Tysabri's cost-effectiveness, and it was favorable! If I hear anything further, I'll let you know, or I'll post it on my blog.

    I can only hope and pray that it will be placed on Norway's national health plan for reimbursement.

    KR - ;)

    Lauren

     

Post a Comment

<< Home