Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Friday, October 05, 2007



My Tysabri Diary...13th Tysabri Infusion Report

I just got back about 20 minutes ago from my 13th infusion at the new site which is close to my home...I timed it one way, it was 8 minutes 43 seconds!
Woooohoooooo! That's a far cry from 90 minutes one way to my old infusion site.

This is a smaller Kaiser infusion center and they are much more accommodating to their patients. They are currently infusing Tysabri in three patients, with another one being added next week.


Initially, the first infusion nurse to try and get a needle in my wrist, couldn't.... so then she tried (unbeknownst to me, because my hands are numb) to try to get a needle into the top part of my hand... well, I knew when she hit bone!!! My poor right-hand looks like someone hit it with a baseball bat and is soooo bruised, owie.

After I let out a bloodcurdling scream, a new infusion nurse (which I remember from when I used to receive my Solu-Medrol treatments out there), took over and said "Lauren, don't worry, I'll find a vein, and I'll be your infusion nurse each time that you come in each month." Yaaay!

One stick, she was in, hardly felt anything at all, and after my required 30 minute Saline drip, I started receiving my liquid gold - Tysabri...aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. Heehee.


I'm pretty tired right now (which usually happens to me right after my infusion), so as soon as Ray (my caregiver) comes back with pizza and mudslides (Yaaay again!), I'll probably turn in early...boring Friday night, eh?

I can hardly wait until tomorrow when I wake up and find my renewed strength... hope, it's such a wonderful feeling - oh yeeeaaah!


(((hugs)))

Love, Lauren :)
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

4 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Cyndee said…

    Hi Lauren!
    The second day after your infusion, how did you feel?
    Any different? I know that I have SO much energy the second day until about the 10th day. I am so happy that you can get your infusion so close to your home.
    Why don't you get one of those implanted shunts?
    I don't know if that is the right word for it. I met someone at my last infusion that had one, she loves it!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Cyndee!

    The second day after my infusion, oh my gosh... energy like you would not believe!

    What you are referring to is a port. For now, I only need an infusion nurse that can find a vein without destroying my hands! I'm not going to rule out a port in the future, but for now, I think I'll be just fine with the new nurse that I have...take care girlfriend, ttyl,

    Lauren :)

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lauren,
    Thanks so much for all the information. So glad to hear your doing well. Any side effects, any infusion? At my infusion clinic the nurses say most of their patients have Urinary Tract Infections. ewwww.
    Take care and all the best,
    Lisa

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Lisa!

    I don't have any infusion reactions or side effects whatsoever from Tysabri...

    How odd that your infusion center has only UTIs in their Tysabri patients... really odd. I hope and pray that you don't get one Lisa... I wonder if they are doing something differently at your infusion center - hmmmmm.

    All my best to you too dearheart...keep me posted on your progress, okay?

    Take care...Lauren :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home