Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Monday, August 18, 2008


My Tysabri Diary...PML is no longer the "Kiss of Death"

An acquaintance of mine just posted this on a blog:

"
Treatment of PML

I received this late last week from a prominent University MS clinic.

"Friends: I share this information, received from an investment analyst who says he spoke to the German researcher handling the German PML case:


1. The other case - in Sweden - has practically resolved all PML related symptoms 2. The German case has been treated with mefloquine (http://tinyurl.com/Mefloquine) in the last week. All cognitive complaints have resolved since it was initiated, and he is hopeful that all motor signs will resolve as well.


If this is true in both cases, the prognosis for the PML evidencing in a small number of Tysabri treated patients is not a monolithic, tragic kiss of death, but a spectrum of outcomes with the potential for significant recovery."

He goes on to state, "
The concept of PML as a treatable disease is emerging."... we can only and pray that this is the case.

While there is still no illuminating information about the patient's past medical history (the patient in Sweden-case #1), the fact that both patients appear to be doing well, it's very good news indeed!

Just thought I would pass this information on to everyone that is interested.

I almost forgot to mention that I received the an e-mail from Tysabri.com, reminding me of the Peer-To-Peer Teleconferences that are scheduled, you may want to make a note of the following dates and times:

August 18th at 8 PM ET
August 21st at 7 PM ET
August 25th at 8 PM ET
August 28th at 10 PM ET
September 4th at 7 PM ET

The e-mail goes on to state in part: "
The panelists will be participating in an open dialogue about how MS has affected their lives and the difference TYSABRI has made for them.

To participate, call 1-866-644-8540 at least 10 minutes before the start of the teleconference. When asked for a code, please say "Peer to Peer Teleconference."

To learn more about upcoming programs, please visit www.TYSABRI.com or call Patient Services at 1-800-456-2255."

***
Have a wonderful rest of the week..., I send you all my very best,

((((hugs))))

Love, Lauren :)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Denver Refashionista said…

    Very good and encouraging news. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, It's me letting you know I have had 4 Tysabri treatments so far and I feel good. Thanks for all the encouraging words you gave me on it. I go for my next one on the 19th.

    God Bless

     

Post a Comment

<< Home