Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009


My Tysabri Diary...

Hi everyone,

I just returned home from my 32nd Tysabri infusion, all went well this time as my regular infusion nurse was there, and she got me on the first stick, yay!

It was pretty quiet in there today, and really nothing new to report..., although a friend of mine that just changed over to Kaiser and also receives Tysabri, wanted to know if we can have our infusions together, so we're trying arrange that for next month.

During the last couple weeks, I had the pleasure of working with a friend of mine that prepared a Tysabri/PML chart posted here:

www.pietynorwit.com/Tytable.htm ,

which I hope helps to explain that the MS patients who developed PML were severely immune suppressed due to prior medications they had been on. We will try to keep it updated as time goes on, if necessary.

Ray is on his way to pick up mudslides & pizza for dinner..., I'm pretty tired right now and I just wanted to check in to let everyone know my infusion today went much better than last month.

I have a ton of e-mails to read & reply to before Ray returns, so I bid you all a wonderful evening. Take care everyone,

A very tired Lauren :)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Denver Refashionista said…

    Glad things went smoothly!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Thank you for that link to that chart! I added it to my blog. Third infusion went well---just more tired this time because I had a little cold. I was able to give some guidance and good Tysabri news to someone who's going to be starting it. She said I really helped her. It all started with you, Lauren! Thank you!

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger Emma said…

    Hi Lauren,
    Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, me myself and ms. I am looking forward to starting Tysabri. I am a little bit scared but trying not to think about the what if's and focusing on the positives. I will def be keeping an eye on your blog as all the info you have about Tysabri is great. Good luck with the treatment,
    Emma x

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Bluebirdy said…

    HI Lauren,
    Sorry to bother you.I just googled "living with MS" to try to get some advice, and your blog came up. I was just told today that I have MS on top of lupus and multiple other auto-immune diseases. I am sick enough to need a hospital, but these days the hospitals seem to only be for intensive care. I have been having eye problems all month and tripping and brusing myself severely again and again. I am thankful I didn't break anything though...but I am so scared I am shaking, and my husband's coming home from the war zone in a couple of months...to an invalid!?!?!? I'm alone, almost helpless with this flare, scared and frustrated. Do you know of any forums or websites or even good books that help with hints of how to get through daily living with this useless body?
    Blessings,
    Sheila

     

Post a Comment

<< Home