Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Thursday, December 24, 2009




Merry Christmas everyone,

I had my 42nd Tysabri infusion yesterday, and was advised that our little infusion center now has 11 Tysabri patients ranging in age from 20 to 56. My infusion went just fine, no problems at all. I did however receive THE BEST Christmas gift of all -- news from my infusion nurse that one of their newest Tysabri patients (female-early 30s-diagnosed with MS approx. 8 years ago), after just her second infusion of Tysabri, she no longer uses a cane and walks perfectly normal again --in addition, one of the other newer Tysabri patients (female-mid-40s-diagnosed with MS approx. one year ago), was prescribed Tysabri as a first-line medication and after her very first infusion of Tysabri, she was noticing her balance had significantly improved! Can you imagine how many more improvements she will start seeing with continued Tysabri infusions? I can, reminds me of the improvements I had gained after just two weeks of my first infusion back in 2005-before Tysabri had been temporarily removed from the market for approximately 18 months..., good for her - Woo hoo!

In addition to the news above, I was also advised that 6 out of the 11 Tysabri patients in our little infusion center are receiving Tysabri as a first-line medication, which leads me to believe that most Kaiser neurologists are not waiting for their MS patients to get worse while using one of the ABCRs prior to starting Tysabri, it's about time - double woo hoo!!!

While I too wish I was noticing improvements (unfortunately I'm not anymore), I am happy that my MS is now stable and has remained stable for more than three years--what PML scare?

And even though I am still a little tired today after my infusion yesterday, I wanted to wish all of my friends (even prospective friends & of course any enemies I might have made in the past), a wonderful, prosperous and blessed Merry Christmas, Happy New Year-and Happy Holidays to those of you who do not celebrate Christmas --
All my very best to each and everyone of you, always..., Lauren

Here is a sweet Christmas card that should remind everyone that Christmas morning is basically for children:

Click here: Under the Tree - animated Flash ecard by Jacquie Lawson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRvibV8E8_s&NR=1

(This is Christina Aguilera & Brian McKnight performing live at the Roxy "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - it reminds me of Christmas' past spent as a child, with wonderful friends and family surrounding me and my siblings)

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas


Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on our troubles will be out of sight, Ooooo, yeah, yeah --

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the Yuletide gay
From now on our troubles will be miles away --

Now here we we are as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us, once more, yeees -- mm mm --

Through the years we all will be together
If the fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bow
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now

Ooo... Yeah ... Oooh

Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us, once more, once more, ohh, once more, Oooohhh --

Through the years we all will be together, yeah --
If the fates allow, oh yeah
But 'til then we'll have to muddle through, somehow
Oh yeah, oh ooh oh, mm-mm --
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now, Ooooo - woooo - Ooooo -- now



((((hugs))))
Love, Lauren :)

3 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Herrad said…

    Hi,
    Happy Christmas.
    Love,
    Herrad

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    I am just beginning the process to go on Tysabri. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it seems that it is my last option. It is good to read your blog and hear how you've done on it. It gives me hope. Thank you for sharing.

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year!

    That is a very nice ecard.

    Here is a New Year greeting to you with a nice New Year ecard:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home