Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Monday, October 02, 2006

My Tysabri Diary...

I qualified for Tysabri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!! .....
My neuro was soooooo funny....she said when she first walked into the room..."Hi Lauren, how are you feeling?" I said, "Reeeeally good thank you, how are you???". She said, "I'm fine thank you, excited to start Tysabri again?" I started crying tears of joy and relief, and then she said, "We'll talk about your recent hospital stay in a minute, but don't cry Lauren, I need to go over a few items with you, like PML...even though you probably already know them."

My caregiver and I started cracking up, and then she told him, "I rarely win an argument with Lauren, especially concerning Tysabri." LOL

There was more involved with my exam, however she then went over the enrollment forms with me, I signed my life away, and she told me, once everything has been faxed to the people hanndling the "TOUCH" program, I'm assigned a case worker and a patient registery #, the med is ordered and received by Kaiser's certified pharmacist and then received by their certified infusion center, and finally depending upon the main infusion center's schedule down in P.C., I should be scheduled within a week to get my infusion of Tysabri! Knowing Kaiser and MSactivesource,it "might" take a 'tad' bit longer to complete the paperwork process......but wouldn't it be nice if I was proven wrong on this point just once?

I'm soooooooooo happy, I think I'm floating on a cloud....wooooooohooooooo!

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren


A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org/

2 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hip Hip Hoooraaaah! Congrats Lauren! Can't wait to hear about the wonderful results you are looking forward to.

    I have found my balance has greatly improved over the last few weeks. Hope it continues....I am counting on it!
    Penny

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    Keep the spirits high ... the best defense againt MS.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home