Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Monday, October 16, 2006





My Tysabri Diary...

I'm Infused and I'm Enthused! Wooohoooo!!!

Thank you David, for the phone call, I was hoping to settle in a bit after just getting home late this afternoon from my 11:00 am Tysabri infusion, but my phone hasn't stopped ringing!


Thank you everyone for your well wishes..., I had a few snafoos with my first infusion, but I was assured things will run more smoothly with my second infusion, plus they were being triple cautious with me as I, again, was the first MS patient to receive Tysabri in the Kaiser So. Calif. system, just like in 2005! Whoa..(smiling).

TOUCH protocol, including pre-infusion checklist and taking of vitals took approx. 30 mins. No Benadryl, just on standby if I needed it, a Saline drip with the Tysabri drip, took about an hour, then they watched me for an hour afterwards and took my vials again (total 2 1/2 hrs.) I dozed off twice during the 2 1/2 hr. appt...haha!

I had NO side effects whatsoever (other than being happy and relieved)...I didn't forget to bring doughnuts for the infusion nurses, but I forgot to ask for the Lot # of my vial and the expiration date! (DUH me!) It had been placed in a Sharp's container by the pharmacist and taken away before I got home, but I was told that the pharmacist made a note on my chart that they are to send my empty vial up with each infusion bag (after being mixed by the pharmacist). or at least that information on my chart each time as I'm entitled to it!

My caregiver went to pick up the photos we took today (I requested a disk version so I would not have to scan them), and when he returns, I'll need to try and figure out how to upload them on my computer (did I mention I'm computer challenged?) For now, see tag above, ( courtesy of my friend Roy, who created this for me, thank you my friend!)...

Lauren <---HAPPY CAMPER! I'M JUST SOOOO GLAD THEIR IS JUSTICE AND THE REWARD FOR FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!


(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org


3 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    No side effects? Most excellent.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Lauren! I had my 2nd infusion Saturday. This time no headache or any other side effect. I am feeling better, stronger every day. I hope your results are this good too! A person who was also receiving her 2nd infusion when I was had an allergic reaction to Tysabri. She felt hot, and started itching all over, then had a little trouble breathing and some chest pain. Nurses were monitoring us constantly. They gave her a shot which relieved her reaction, but sent her off to the hospital for observation. I'm told if you are going to have an allergic reaction it usually happens after your 2nd infusion.
    Glad I made it this far and hope we both continue to feel this good!
    Penny

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so HAPPY for you!!! I am new to your blog for about a week now I've had my fingers crossed hoping you would get Tysabri. I went for my MRI today and next the blood work so I can be on it too. I don't know about my insurance yet. How long before the "Touch" people got in touch with you? I signed up about a week ago. I have Blue Cross PPO.
    Anyway, I am so happy I found your blog!!
    Cyndee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home