Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007





My Tysabri Diary...


After my 4th infusion, I have not experienced any "significant" improvements
yet this time around on Tysabri, and I believe its due to the accumulating disabilities I've suffered for 18 + months not having Tysabri's superior efficacy to protect me from all the relapses I was having (approx. once a month).

I'm much more disabled now than most who currently receive Tysabri, and therefore I also believe I will need many more infusions before I see "dramatic" improvements.


The thing is...from my perspective, I am
thrilled for others that show improvements so fast, and thrilled when a patient makes the switch to Tysabri or starts their therapy with Tysabri because I know they will be happy they did, just as I was in early 2005.

Right here, right now, I have experienced some minor improvements (which are HUGE for me)....but I'm sooooo not disappointed or disheartened that I'm not receiving the miraculous results I once had...I am thrilled that Tysabri (for me) is doing exactly what it has been designed to do: "...to delay the accumulation of physical disability and reduce the frequency of clinical exacerbations."

I haven't had a relapse, no increased disability, nor any disease progression since 10/06 - Wooooooohooooooo!

In my book,
Tysabri Equals Hope, always.

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

6 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    every improvement, no matter how minor, give hope a 10 fold boost, no?

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Cyndee said…

    Hi Lauren!! Hang in there girl!! I spoke to one of the gals in my MS group that is also taking Tasabri and at first she said she felt no improvement. I asked her "so you have felt no days of improvement at all?" And she thought about it and said "I have had days where I don't use my walker, and I have never done that".
    So, maybe you won't notice the little things, like she did. But, it's those littlle things that give us HOPE for the future right?!!
    hugs!!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Cyndee said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    You betcha mdm! :)

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Oh I have hope cyndee...as long as I have Tysabri to stop the relapses and disease progression (which it does),for me anyway...I'll always have hope! In my book, Tysabri = Hope, wooooohoooooo! Luv ya, Lauren :)

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep on keepin' on, Lauren! I've had MS 30 yrs. & am going to have my 7th infusion next week-no miracles, yet but I'm HOPEFUL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home