Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Saturday, January 13, 2007










My Tysabri Diary...

Okay, I'm sure you're wondering why I have a photo of Taz on my Blog page tonight. Well, a few of us MS'ers the other night were answering a "newbie's" question on a MS m.b., which was: "My neuro just rx'd steroids for me to calm down a flare-up I'm having, could some of you describe what is it like being on IVSM (steroids)?" ... a few of us were laughing & talking about our different (but similar) issues with steroids, and for me-in a nutshell-I basically turn into Taz, along with experiencing a host of other emotions
while on steroids (such photos would be too graphic to post here-heehee) ...a sad but true fact. LOL

My 4th Tysabri infusion is scheduled for Friday, 1/19, and I will update my Blog shortly thereafter. I wonder if Kaiser remembered to order my med? Hmmm, Monday is a holiday - MLK's birthday...and even though I shouldn't have to, I'll call them Tuesday to double check, considering what happened last time - UGH!


I hope everyone had a happy Holiday season. I gained 4 lbs over the holidays ... (bummer) - time to cut back on sugar and butter - oh but it was SO worth it!

Now 4 lbs. might not seem like much (and it isn't really), but if I intend to continue making progress in being able to make chair transfers unassisted (and standing too), I cannot afford to ignore those 4 lbs. and just let more accumulate.....know what I mean, jellybean? (wink) ...take care all,


(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

6 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger cindy said…

    Hi Lauren,

    your updates are so exciting and encouraging, I get my first infusion on friday the 19th. I am just looking for more energy and to regain some strength to help get out of the chair and start using the walker more. everything that might come will be a plus.

    good luck

    cindy

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    {{{{Karyl}}}}}} I called the infusion center today, and was put on hold for about 45 seconds, LOL, and then the girl came back on the line and said, "Oh yes Lauren, your vial is here, it was ordered Saturday."

    Saturday??? LOL, think they got my prior message LOUD AND CLEAR???

    Lauren <---still laughing (wink) :)

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi cindy! How exciting for you... Wooooohooooo!

    Please keep me posted on your progress, ok?

    Did you know that your 1st is on the same day as my 4th?

    Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaw!

    Sending you all my best, always.

    Lauren :)

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Cyndee said…

    Lauren you are so funny!!! Taz is a great icon for MS!

    I don't have Kaiser, but I still have to call my doctor 3 days before my Tysabri infusion to make sure it will be there when I am. And I know I'm not the only one.

    I had my second infusion last friday. view my blog at
    http://cyndees.blogspot.com/.

    I can't wait for the next infussion!!!

    xoxox
    Cyndee

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I saw it cyndee, who do you think posted there today...huh? huh? huh? (wink-a-dink)...a few of my friends know of you from your comments here on my Blog that "I'm your hero"..., they are driving me nuts by singing that Bette Midler song from the movie 'Beaches'...ok maybe not 'driving' - perhaps just a short 'putt' instead? LOL

    Take care, Lauren (still smiling and laughing here)

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Cyndee said…

    Lauren, Good Luck today! I know you will be getting your infusion and I just know ,"hero", that you will be stronger tomorrow, so plan something fun!!!
    It's been 7 days now since my last infusion and guess what? NO PAIN!!! I Can't believe it. knocking on wood right now......hehe
    xoxoxo
    Cyndee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home