Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Tysabri Diary...

I took my first step last night in over a year!!! Woooohoooooo! ...,


It was only one step with my right foot (with me hanging onto my caregiver, and my caregiver holding me around my waist-in the event I fell)..and lifting my foot to take that step was like lifting a 25 lb weight with only one finger (it took all the strength and concentration I had, and it wasn't very graceful), but I did it! :)

It's a good thing he had me by the waist as I collapsed afterwards (my stupid left foot was just plain frozen and would not move at all), but I started crying happy tears of joy. My hopes to walk again with Tysabri's help just went off the scale! Now I'm pushing my caregiver for more p.t. exercises..but I'm taking it slow, so no worries. I couldn't take that one step again yet to day, but maybe I can try again later tonight...

I wish for each of you and your families a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving holiday...I have sooo much to be thankful for this year-including, but not limited to, feeling so very blessed that I will be rewarded by the continuing hopes I have with Tysabri.

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

5 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hoped to hear positive news from you, and it came through in your update! Hooray for you and your right foot! Now, the challenge is on: left foot, get stronger and help that woman to move on her own accord. My hopes are with you Lauren. Keep up the good work along with your spirits and thanks for the lovely wishes to all who read your blog.

    Deb

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Thank you so very much Deb, for not only these words of encouragement from you, but for ALL of your encouraging comments you have left me throughout my entire Blog-may you have the same positive results with Tysabri that I'm having, and that wish of mine goes to ALL viewers of my Blog. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you Deb, and to everyone as well...I do know I have a lot to be grateful for this year. Lauren :)

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    LAUREN:

    I am so glad that you are having such incredible responses to our "TY". I corresponded a few times in the ELAN message board under the id of "Kappersb". That was several months ago and, for a while, I had to pull away from the board as I was too emotionally attached to it. I am invested in ELAN but also had my late husband and best friend pass from the horrifing effects of MS.

    May God's Blessings continue to be upon you as you are such an important support for the MS community.

    I pray for your continued healing and may God Bless You.

    Kathy

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Thank you so much Karyl, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family... Lauren :)

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Kathy, so very nice to meet you! I'm sooo very sorry for your loss, that's just awful, and I send heartfelt condolences & sympathies to you. Over the last 5 yrs, I have lost 4 friends to MS "complications", but I need to remember that they are no longer suffering the ravages of the disease & that they now have "perfect" bodies :) Thank you SOO very much for your well wishes Kathy, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family... God Bless, Lauren :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home