Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

My Tysabri Diary...

I'm taking it slow today..my legs are kind of cramping more than usual ... I think it might be due to all the new muscle I'm building up and working lately...so today I'm letting my caregiver lift me in and out of my chair (gotta make him earn his keep, right? heehee). I don't see this as a 'setback', I see it as a 'day off' from overdoing! LOL (I might sneak in a lift-or 2-if my legs feel up to it after I finish my p.t. excercises).

But come on Thursday, 11/16...inf. #2, I'm ready! As we used to say as cheerleaders to the opposing team.."BRING IT ON!" :)

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of MSpatientsforchoice

4 Comments:

  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    Heh ... after that last scare you threw at him, I'll wager he is doing double-time to make sure you don't scoot away from him again! :)

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said…

    You remind me of me after my first attack.

    That one was scary. I was flat on my back for five weeks, unable to pronounce the letter "A."

    Was I ever glad to get out of there.

    Then came the rebuilding of me. I didn't lose any weight but I bulked up and toned until I was buff. :-)

    And I did it simply by not taking their advice, but by always pushing myself.

    I couldn't push much at first, like a pound, but I eventually pushed myself until I was pushing myself off on my toes with 400 pounds on my shoulders.

    Don't give up and you'll be amazed at what you can eventually accomplish.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Don't you know it, and I WAS sneaky, mdm! He now watches me like a HAWK (guilt has its advantages-heehee), but also, it has its disadvantages too, the word "Smother" has taken on a whole new meaning-my 4 bdrm 2 bth home has just become SMALLER-i.e., I now have to go outside if I want to change my mind! LOL...we'll strike a happy balance soon, I hope (gulp!)Lauren :)

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Charles, give up? MEEEE???? No way! Ray (my caregiver-oh, I just made a rhyme-teehee) told me to rest my legs until Thursday (my 2nd infusion is due then)...as mdm knows, I'm a loveable "sneak" ;) and when he wasn't looking, I lifted myself again after my p.t. excercises were done-haha! After suffering his "GLARING scoul", I said, "BUT RAAAAAAAAAY, YOU WERE HERE TO CATCH ME IF I FELL, WHICH I DIDN'T! AND I'LL LET YOU PUT ME BACK IN MY W/C WHEN I'M DONE...HAPPY DEAR???" He was, enough said..LOL LOL LOL Lauren :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home