Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Friday, November 10, 2006

My Tysabri Diary...

Thursday, Nov. 9th...

I totally freaked my caregiver out this am (lol), when he got up, and found me 1) out of bed (which I accomplished with a lot of difficulty on my part-I won't try THAT again until after my 2nd infusion) and 2) merrily sitting on the toilet with a fresh cup of coffee that I made for myself (while he was snooooooring away in his room at the other end of the house)! First words out of his mouth were, "What the &#**......How did you do that???" (I think I detected a slight "shrill" in his voice-lol, and his unspoken chastisement of, "but what if you had fallen?"...I know, I know, I shouldn't have tried that unless he was nearby if I had fallen-my bad, he's right-BUT the look of surprise on his face and high pitch in his voice still cracked me up!).

Not much more improvement for me, other than what I've reported previously, but my small improvements have been sustained..for those, I am soo very grateful...

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

10 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lauren. First CONGRATULATIONS on your "large step for Mankind"! Second, SHAME on you for taking such a risk while thre was no one there to see if you injured yourself. I strongly suggest you save your acrobatics until your careperson is there.: ) Seriously, that is great & I have a friend in FL who had to stop Cop & has had 1 infusion so far. She says she has felt way less fatigue already. Here's fingers crossed for both of you. Maureen

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said…

    Great. Take calculated risks.

    Of course you got up. But how did you do it?

    Carefuly near hand-holds or just "do di do di do, I think cross that big expanse of floor all on my own, stride, stride, str... uh oh..."

    You can do anything, but not the same way, ever again.

    And remember that you've got to leave a little more time between your victories as you go on with your day until you get your real sleep.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Laura! I'll sure be watching to see how things go. Let us know.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Thank you Maureen, you NUT..lol, great news to hear Ty is helping your friend's fatigue,woohoo! Fingers crossed is better than eyes crossed I say..haahaa. Keep me posted on her progress, please..and send her all my very BEST wishes, to both of you, always...Lauren :)

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Thank you Charles (I think-lol).. hmmmmm, Perhaps you missed my post of 11-1? huh, huh, huh? (laughing) Take care Mr. WorryWart (wink) Lauren :)

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Thank you SOO much barbie! Any relation to ken? (ducking from the bullet)...I'm sorry barbie, I just couldn't resist-but I'm feeling so good lately! I promise, no more jokes or "barbs"...oops, my BAD! Lauren <--laughing at herself

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

    Lauren,
    Congrats! It is always a wonderful feeling to be able to see some improvement. I hope things continue to get better. Remember....take things a day at a time.
    Take care of yourself.
    Jaime

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Thank you jaime, I'm going slow but sure...Lauren :)

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    SNEAKY!

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stuart will soon be postingt he Tysabri Results from his first poll. For more info, or to be added to Stuart's Email Newsletter, write to: stuartschlossman@bellsouth.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home