Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Friday, November 17, 2006

My Tysabri Diary...

I had my second Tysabri infusion yesterday, 11/16, again ZERO side effects, yay! :)

I took it easy last night as the drive for my caregiver into the city for my infusion (which normally takes 90 mins one way, took an unbelieveable and grueling 2 1/2 hrs to reach the infusion clinic (one of the connecting freeways [the 210] was shut down, all 4 lanes this am), 2 1/2 hrs for the infusion as they were late starting me as I was late in arriving, as were most patients arriving out of the city, and 1 1/2 hrs to get back home. No side effects again, just a slight headache (which I believe had to do with being stuck in traffic all day which was barely moving at 2 mph)...., I sent our website my Tysabri Lot # and Exp. date and I'm keeping the cute little Tysabri vial that once held it's liquid gold, now flowing in my veins :)

On a side note, more problems plague Kaiser (see the article: IT disaster at Kaiser), as well as a local news story that aired [while I was receiving my Tysabri infusion!] wherein after So. Calif. Kaiser drs treated a homeless woman for 3 days (I believe), and then Kaiser in Bellflower transported her via ambulance to the middle of 'Skid Row', just dropped her off and left her there. I don't remember any other details of this news story today, other than a press conf. held by LA City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo BLASTING Kaiser for their unspeakable actions (he was major pi**ed off-I think he even filed criminal misdeamor charges against Kaiser today?), with Kaiser issuing a pathetic apology/statement indicating they won't do that anymore unless there is someone from an agency to rendevous with and pick up the continuing care when they drop a homeless patient/person off again...geeee ya think? Sheesh! CA health care at it's finest...NOT! Here's the story: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-11-16-homeless-dumping-skidrow_x.htm

Okay, so today I promise I won't over-do (fingers crossed behind my back-heehee), and just do my p.t. exercises (maybe I'll just increase the repetitions from 7 to 10 tomorrow), yeeehaaaw!

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of
www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

1 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So happy you experienced minimal side effects.[though the traffic sounded tortuous] I'll be looking forward to your comments on your next few days. Wouldn't it be nice not to have to relay so much on your caregiver? My fingers are crossed for you too!

    Deb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home