Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Tysabri Diary...

Well...I could not take another step late Sunday night, but I took a tiny one Monday with
a lot of effort again on my part.

However, I am not discouraged in the least, because I could stand Monday unassisted by my caregiver for up to 1 and 1/2 minutes while holding onto a grab-bar (he had a stopwatch-lol), without my legs spasming and without my knees buckling under me during the time I was standing. Nice trade off if you ask me, considering I could only do this for a few seconds the day before my 2nd Tysabri infusion (11/16)!

My neurologist called me this morning (at 7:30 a.m.- ugh!) to see how Tysabri was working out for me...I told her it was THE BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT I EVER RECEIVED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! I started to cry happy tears a bit when I thanked her profusely in believing in me and for believing in Tysabri, but especially for allowing me the opportunity to have Tysabri again and for the chance of making some physical improvements and improving my quality of life. I explained to her all of my small and slow, but significant, improvements while on Tysabri, and that each new day brings even more hope to me, and that I expect (hope) to experience even more improvements with subsequent infusions. She said she was glad and happy for me, wished me a happy birthday and then ended the call (I wondered for a few minutes after our call ended if she only called me so that she could report my progress to the ins. dept. of Kaiser in order to justify them authorizing further infusions of Tysabri). I don't know - that's a distinct possibility - lol, but right now, I really don't care - it's my birthday today and I'm too happy to "over-analyze" anything!

Thank you again for all of your well wishes, and to each of you that sent me Happy Birthday wishes for today. Some of you are just so unbelieveably wonderful and caring individuals, my heart is overflowing with great joy and a renewed determination not to waste one single minute that is further granted to me. Happy Thanksgiving to each of you!


Come on December!...Go Tysabri! Wooooohooooo!

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

6 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Lauren! By the sounds of things I think you are on your way back to a better future. Hope we can all keep improving every month!
    Penny

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    Hey, Happy birthday and keep up the good work!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said…

    Are you atcH-Ay-Pee-Pee-whY?

    Yes, I'm atcH-Ay-Pee-Pee-whY!

    I think I am, I know I am, I'm atcH-Ay-Pee-Pee-whY...


    Life may be made up of the sh*t that happens between these victories, but you've just got to have those darn victories.

    I'll remember this and will expect an email progress report next year. (Okay, in 51 weeks. ;-)

    We'll do a show celebrating it, and you.

    Screw the RIAA. You get to pick your favorite music...

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd sing you my version of Marilyn Monroe singing "Happy Birthday" to JFK...but I think it would lose something without the visual...and probably the sound too!

    Happy big day to you,

    Linda D. in Seattle

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

    Happy Birthday! I'm happy to hear that things are improving for you. Good luck with your Tysabri. Take care.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said…

    Everything ok? It's been some time now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home