Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Friday, February 15, 2008



My Tysabri Diary...

Good morning everyone...I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday. Here is an incredible e-mail that I received late last night from a friend of mine who is also currently on Tysabri therapy (I have her permission to post same)... note what her neurologist told her and where he is from... it should knock your socks off, and give tremendous hope to all MS patients currently on Tysabri therapy! And to my friend Matt, congratulations on your engagement!

Subj: Long time ....
Date: 2/13/2008 11:03:50 AM Pacific Standard Time
From:
To: LGLBGL2003@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)


Just wanted to let you know that I'm still loving Tysabri (just had my 17th infusion!!)

I had my meeting w/ my neuro @ Hopkins last month after my infusion and had incredible news I thought you'd love to hear....


I told him about getting all the feeling back in my legs and also about my improved balance. Then I told him I was disappointed that my cognitive problems hadn't improved, but I was still hoping.....He listened and smiled.....then he said "Well, you've experienced the first wave of improvement, most people have that after 4-6 months of treatment. What MAY happen next is a second wave of improvement that we're now seeing in patients that have been on Tysabri for 18-24 months. We actually believe that YOUR MYELIN MAY START REGENERATING!!!". I almost fell off the examination table!!! My MRI looks better NOW than it did 2 years ago. Can you believe that????

SO - you and I are DEFINITELY on the right drug!!! I thank my lucky stars every day that I am on this stuff!!!


Have a fantastic day!!! ....Good luck!!!!

Tammy


Is that fantastic or what?!?! I am soooooooooooooo happy for her!

((((hugs to all))))

Love, Lauren :)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger ms'er faith said…

    That's awesome!!! What the heck is with the melanoma potential link though? I was so excited to start and then heard of 2 cases of melanoma and now I'm hesitant again. I wonder if there are any others, or if I should somehow get excited again?!!

    Beth

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lauren

    That's simple - all MS patients are searching for ways to improve health.

    Some are more lucky than others.

    Hope you will be lucky with your endeavours

    All best

     

Post a Comment

<< Home