Living With MS

Discussing all aspects of Multiple Sclerosis, various treatments, including accurate information regarding Tysabri.

Sunday, December 16, 2007




My Tysabri Diary...Just an update from me (this was Friday, 12/7) The picture above is not an actual photo of my kitten, but it is very much what she looks like (she is a little bit lighter grey), but her facial features look exactly the same as the photo above. Lordy, she's just so cute!


I think I'm settling on the name for my new kitten to be Noël.


Last night (Thursday, 12/6- her first night here) was a trip, Noël never stopped crying until I went to bed, and once she figured out I wasn't going anywhere, she proceeded to try and sleep on my face. No matter how many times I moved her, she would crawl back up and try to lay across my face.

When I was finally able to slowly scooch her down below my neck, she discovered my necklace and then went into attack mode!

Today, she's discovered that she likes riding in my lap when I'm in my powerchair (good grief), and she has finally slept most of the day in my lap between the keyboard (although she does keep an eye on the blinking cursor).

When she finally had her first meal plus fresh water this afternoon, after her surgery yesterday, Ray and I cracked up because she ate and drank like there was no tomorrow! (Goodbye manners and politeness, hello to kibble everywhere).

Now she's on my lap, passed out, wedged inbetween the keyboard and my ribcage..Let's hope she stays that way for awhile so I can get some work done on my computer - heehee.

Here is a song by Celine Dion, that to me epitomizes what Christmas is all about.

(below are the lyrics, this is the live version so you will probably want to turn your speakers way up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jr-2eyRtV4&feature=related

O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world, in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth

A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks, a new and glorious morn
Fall on your knees, O hear the angel voices

O night divine! O night when Christ was born
O night divine! O night O night divine!

Truly He taught us, to love one another
His law is love, and His gospel is peace
Chains shall He break, for the slave is our brother
And in His name, all oppression shall cease

Sweet hymns of joy, in grateful chorus raise we
Let all within us, praise His holy name

Christ is the Lord!

Then ever ever praise we
Noël, Noël

O night, O night divine
Noël, Noël

O night, O night divine
Noël, Noël

O night, O holy night

Happy holidays to all my friends here, and their families (with a very special thank you to Chuck and John).

May each of your holidays be wonderful, and may 2008 be the year that brings you health, wealth and happiness.

I send this on to all of you with all my love. Merry Christmas everyone.

(((hugs)))
Love, Lauren :)
A very proud member of www.MSpatientsforchoice.org

2 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lauren, I noticed your absence from MS Refugees. I'm also a cat person and your new kitten is very cute! I'm on my 15th Tysabri infusion and I share with you trying to balance expectations and reality concerning this treatment. I'm glad it is slowing progression, but I would like to see improvement. Mary Wiens (faithful)

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Mary, I don't post there anymore due to several mean and nasty remarks made about me by a few posters there. ...and it's still going on today even though I've left and gone where I am I am appreciated. They think they know everything about Tysabri and yet, they complain and complain and complain, with one of them even posting incorrect information. But it's their loss, not mine.

    For me Mary, I would like to see improvements too, but I am being realistic because I've had MS for so many years that the damage done by the relapses I've had is probably permanent.

    I am so very grateful that Tysabri has slowed my disease process down, and I haven't had a relapse since October 2006...and I still have hope! Hope that it will continue fighting my MS, hope that I will get better, hope that others will believe in Tysabri as much as I do. And I will never lose that hope.

    All my very best you Mary, and a very very happy Christmas and new year that brings joy, prosperity, and good health to you and your family.

    Lauren :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home